During the first quarter of US history, I have reviewed my knowledge of early American history, and then built upon my current knowledge of the civil war. I have grown to be a more complex thinker in analyzing culture, slavery, and the black codes. My area of strength is writing essay’s, because it shows that I fully understand the concepts, and areas of study. In my essays, I have learned to do proper research along with paraphrasing, identifying high quality sources, and hyperlinking. Being able to analyze Twelve Years a Slave and Glory(1989), I was able to grow as a student in the types of knowledge that I build upon. I need to improve on finding high quality sources to use in my essay’s.
My goals for the future in this class are to fully get a grasp on what America was like after the civil war, and how they were able to recoup. History really helps us understand the mistakes that are made in the past, what to do, and what not to do, in the future. I would love to learn about the government system in our future classes, and talk about current politics, as that is what I’m very interested in.
No comments:
Post a Comment