Beginning my research, I came upon a left-wing website. CNN simply begins an article with, "There is no debate." They do not address issues, instead they claim facts, and place the blame on the other party, simply implying that they are idiotic and do not respect the environment. This immediately answers my question of why these debates can be so heated. They are not willing to listen to what others have to say, only to call on the other’s mistake. I was shocked to find out how adults can become so childish on a subject they are extremely opinionated about. The only way to find a middle ground would be to argue in an anti dramatic way where everyone would be able to voice their opinions.
Thursday, April 28, 2016
Politics in Climate Change
Rather interested in politics, I began my research of climate change on an impartial level. Over several of the past years, bringing up this topic of climate has lead to heated discussions, often ending in several disagreements. I called into question, “what’s the big deal about climate?” Turns out everyone’s opinion is different and must be heard. Immediately I recognized a pattern between each debate. The great divide between the discussion of climate were between conservative views, and liberal views. The two opposing views were on opposite ends of the spectrum, and this was causing an uncivil uproar in every debate.
Beginning my research, I came upon a left-wing website. CNN simply begins an article with, "There is no debate." They do not address issues, instead they claim facts, and place the blame on the other party, simply implying that they are idiotic and do not respect the environment. This immediately answers my question of why these debates can be so heated. They are not willing to listen to what others have to say, only to call on the other’s mistake. I was shocked to find out how adults can become so childish on a subject they are extremely opinionated about. The only way to find a middle ground would be to argue in an anti dramatic way where everyone would be able to voice their opinions.
Beginning my research, I came upon a left-wing website. CNN simply begins an article with, "There is no debate." They do not address issues, instead they claim facts, and place the blame on the other party, simply implying that they are idiotic and do not respect the environment. This immediately answers my question of why these debates can be so heated. They are not willing to listen to what others have to say, only to call on the other’s mistake. I was shocked to find out how adults can become so childish on a subject they are extremely opinionated about. The only way to find a middle ground would be to argue in an anti dramatic way where everyone would be able to voice their opinions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment