Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Self-Reflection
During the second semester start, we have studied Imperialism, and Progressivism. I have gained a good understanding of each of these subjects through research, analyzing movies, and having a more critical thinking based set of reading questions. Through my research, I have gained confidence and the skills to conduct a solid analytical background. During our Imperialism Chapter, studying political cartoons were my forte. They helped me gain a sense of what it was like during that time. Watching and analyzing the documentary about Eddie Aikau really helped me get a sense of the Hawaiian identity and how other countries felt about being involved with America. The beginning of our approach to progressivism has really interested me. I enjoy seeing people from 1890-1920 have a sense of innovation and how they developed each individual idea to benefit our country.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment